Louis Sapi is a 1986 MBA Graduate of the world-renowned Schulich School of Business.
Coterminous to completing his MBA, Louis articled with Deloitte Haskins and Sells LLP to obtain his CPA CA designation after which he opened his public accounting practice in December 1986. Presently Louis is the Managing Partner & CEO, of HS & Partners LLP, Chartered Professional Accountants – a large Mississauga firm consisting of 21 staff specializing in various areas including; audits of not-for-profit organizations and Listed (Public) companies, speciality investigative audits, accounting and systems engagements for medium to large clients’, sophisticated tax planning for corporate and personal, corporate finance and estate planning for executives and owner-entrepreneurs.
Louis is chairman of Hockley miller Ltd. a leading globally-focused corporate consulting and advisory firm that combines industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, financing, and organization transformation. Louis helps his clients to optimize their businesses, improve their operations, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. As a result, he has a tangible impact on clients’ revenue and net earnings.
As an entrepreneur, Louis has, over the years, owned numerous business ventures in conjunction with his CPA firm activities. At times he used his skills to purchase insolvent companies to turn them around to successfully run or sell. Some particular highlights:
- He founded the Affinity Financial Group of companies (1991 to 2002). Arguably the first true family office company in Canada consisting of a diverse group of financial service companies including, merchant banking, insurance, investment planning and asset management, concierge service and other financial services required by the high net worth clientele. This corporate group grew to over 30 staff and achieved annual sales of $80,000,000.
- Purchased Bluebird Moving and Storage in 1994 and successfully sold in 2000.
- The current owner of The Office Mover, a Toronto based Commercial Moving and decommissioning company (2004 to current). He purchased this particular company out of bankruptcy and has grown it to be one in the top 4 commercial moving companies in the GTA.
- Presently active in various private investment syndicates specializing in Angel or venture capital investing.
Louis has served on various corporate boards and advisory teams over the years and has devoted himself to numerous philanthropic activities:
- A member on the fundraising board for the Brothers of the Good Sheppard Ministry 1992 – 1999.
Founder and Chairman of The Charger Foundation; a charitable foundation 2001 to current.
- Director and Chair of the audit committee of Volcanic Metals Exploration (VME) listed on the TSX. 2001 to 2006.
- Chairman of the Board for the Bluebird Group of Companies. 1998 to 2006.
- Executive on the board of Young Presidents Organization (YPO) Toronto Chapter. 2000 to 2007.
- Member of Young Presidents Organization (YPO). 2000 to 2011.
- Member of the World Presidents Organization (WPO) 2011 to current.
- Past Director and Chair of the Audit Committee for The Jane Goodall Institute of Canada a Charitable Foundation 2008 to 2010.
- Current Member of the fundraising committee for the Canadian Association for Equality, a Toronto based men and family rights group 2014 to current.
- Past Member of the Fundraising Committee of Headwaters Health Care Foundation – Orangeville Hospital
- Past Board of Director for Ride for Headwaters; a fundraising event for the Orangeville hospital.
- Past Board of Director for the Orangeville Blues and Jazz Festival.
- Current Member of Canada Company, a charitable organization that serves to build bridges between the business community and retired military personnel. This includes a scholarship fund for children whose parents were killed in action, assistance to retiring soldiers in finding meaningful work in their civilian lives.
- Current RIC Centre Mentor since 2012. RIC Centre Helps Entrepreneurs Fast-Track Their Business to Market. Louis is a member of the Volunteer Advisor team which shares a common drive and passion for helping create tomorrow’s business success stories. Louis mentors early-stage start-up clients in areas of accounting, finance, valuation, etc. Louis is also a member of the Regional Alliance, which connects RIC Centre’s resource providers including Federal, Provincial, Municipal, and Industry, Investment, and Private Sector sources with client companies for pitch presentations. The purpose is to tap into network connections within the Alliance to assist companies to advance through strategic milestones.
- Advisor & Member of the PC Party of Ontario Economic Policy and Advisory Committee, 2016-2017.
Louis has also been a guest speaker on numerous occasions; some specific highlights include:
- Guest Speaker at Forever Young News Magazine; an Interactive Learning Symposium & Expo for Retirees and Soon-To-Be Retirees, October 22, 2005.
- Speaker at the 2011 International Foundation 44th Annual Canadian Employee Benefits Conference in Vancouver Canada.
- Guest lectured to graduate classes at the Ryerson MBA School and Schulich on entrepreneurialism.
- Presenter to the RIC centre on how businesses can network and develop winning affinity relationships.
Authored the bestselling and acclaimed book “Mothers and Fathers – Health and Financial Advices to share with your parents”
Edited for publication the book “Why Businesses Stop Growing and What You Can Do About It”.
Has published articles for numerous publications, has appeared on radio and T.V. and has been the keynote and/or guest speaker at many events.